Office Furniture Recycling Made Easier
In an effort to make it easier for companies to recycle and reuse office furniture, Staples Business Advantage, the business-to-business division of Staples, has teamed up with Davies Office and IRN.
Davies Office takes old office furniture and remanufacturers it to look and perform like new. Staples Business Advantage customers will now be able to participate in product banking and exchange programs and source remanufactured furniture instead of keeping their old assets in storage or sending them to a landfill.
Staples Business Advantage says this partnership will help businesses update office workplaces cost effectively, earning credit toward green building standards like LEED, and receive detailed reporting quantifying the environmental benefits.
Staples Business Advantage is also launching a new initiative with IRN, which works with a variety of organizations including schools and universities, healthcare corporations and government agencies to place their surplus furniture for reuse. It then matches those assets with US and worldwide charities, keeping the furniture out of landfills.
“It’s critical that we rethink our approach to sustainability in workplaces,” said Mark Buckley, vice president, environmental affairs, Staples, in a statement announcing the partnership. “Supporting furniture remanufacturing and reuse helps our customers’ bottom line and the planet.”
In addition to these new programs, Staples offers other recycling services to businesses.
Businesses and other organizations can recycle old electronics through Staples Business Advantage’s technology recycling service provided by Electronic Recyclers International (ERI). The program allows businesses to recycle old electronics such as computers, cell phones, keyboards, telecom equipment,and multi-function devices in three steps:
- Order recycling boxes online.
- Fill boxes with electronics and ship back to Staples using the provided return label.
- Receive a Certificate of Recycling from Staples that their electronics have been properly recycled and data were safely removed. ERI facilities are certified to the e-Stewards standard, a certification program ensuring e-waste is recycled safely and responsibly.
Staples Business Advantage also offers battery and lamp recycling programs and zero-waste boxes by Terracycle, while Staples stores offer free in-store technology and rechargeable battery recycling for businesses and consumers.
Don’t miss our Environmental Leader 2016 Conference in June.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo