Heineken Latest Sustainability Report Offers ‘First-of-its-Kind Digital Experience’
Digital sustainability reporting has arrived — at Heineken USA, anyway.
GRI’s chief advisor on innovation in reporting, Nelmara Arbex, in March told Environmental Leader that these three features — digital, responsible and interactive — will define the future of sustainability reporting.
Heineken USA’s latest sustainability report incorporates all three, in what the beverage maker calls a “first-of-its-kind online digital experience.” In addition to highlighting its 2015 sustainability achievements, like reducing carbon emissions per hl traded by 8.7 percent since 2010, the report challenges readers — or users — to steer a ship through the high seas efficiently to reduce CO2 emissions, using keyboard arrow keys.
It’s divided in to “levels” and as users participate in each level, Heineken will track the engagements. If 1,000 users engage with the report, the company will donate up to $50,000 to the Closed Loop Foundation, the Closed Loop Fund’s research arm that incubates circular economy business models.
Energy Manager News
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter