Results Hall of Fame–Top Products the Experts Say You Should Check Out
The Environmental Leader Technology Reviews results are in! Our panel of 12 judges rated many dozens of products that provide companies with energy and environmental benefits, and the top-scorers — those that our judges say provide clear and substantial benefits — are listed to the right. Check them out: these are the products your company needs to know about.
With today’s crowded playing field, energy and sustainability professionals have a notoriously difficult time knowing what products to choose to help their companies increase energy, environmental and sustainability performance. The Environmental Leader Technology Reviews program gives companies a solid base of products, vetted by experts, from which to choose.
The judging panel included the following experts:
- Dan Bena: Senior Director, Sustainable Development, PepsiCo
- Mark Buckley: Vice President of Environmental Affairs, Staples
- David Dornfeld: Director of the Laboratory for Manufacturing and Sustainability, University of California, Berkeley
- Dan Gilbert: North American Solid Waste & Recycling Program Manager, ISS Facility Services
- Justin Grau: Member of the Technical Committee, The Green Grid
- Matthew Littlefield: President & Principal Analyst, LNS Research
- Frank O’Brien-Bernini: VP, Chief Sustainability Officer, Owens Corning
- Christina Page: Global Director of Energy & Sustainability, Yahoo! Inc.
- Mark Rhodes: VP of Sustainability, GlaxoSmithKline
- Susan Rochford: VP of Energy Efficiency & Sustainability, Legrand
- Kristin Rock: Energy Manager, Petco
- Jennifer Vervier: Director of Sustainability and Strategic Development, New Belgium Brewing Company
Environmental Leader’s staff played no role in the judging of the submitted products. Review panelists were informed that scores/comments would remain anonymous. Scores were given based on the criteria laid out below.
0-1: Useful product, yet commodity
2-3: Solid product with viable attributes that set it apart
4: Excellent product with technical features and performance that provide clear and substantial benefits
5: Superb product that sets new standard for performance and provides groundbreaking and NEW technical milestones.
Each product was reviewed by at least three judges, and judges were encouraged to write comments about the submissions. Each product’s scores were averaged and rounded to the nearest full or half star.
Below, you’ll find the top products in the energy, environmental and sustainability management space, as chosen by industry experts. Products are grouped by score (with the highest Stars ranking first), and then in alphabetical order.
Scores of 3.5 or above reflect a very positive opinion from the panel, and are the ones the judges say have viable attributes that set them apart from others in the field.
- Huntsman International | AVITERA Reactive Dyes for Cotton
- Schneider Electric | Measurement and Verification Panelboards
- Actio Corp | Actio Material Disclosure
- BioAmber | BIO-SA
- Bluehorse Associates | Carbonostics
- Digital Lumens | Intelligent Lighting System
- Enablon | The Enablon Sustainability Management Platform
- Lumenor Energy Services | LES-T8 LED Tube 94.5W High Bay
- RecycleMatch | Materials Marketing and Management Platform
- Waterless Co. | Waterless No-Flush Urinals
- Antea Group | Enhanced Concentrating Oxygen Soil Vapor Extraction System (ECO-SVE)
- Antea Group | Global RegSupport Helpdesk
- Cascades Tissue Group | Cascades Antibacterial Paper Hand Towel
- CRedit360 | CRedit360 Sustainability Software
- Earth911 | Discover Local Recycling By Simply Scanning a UPC or QR Code
- Emerson Network Power | Liebert NXL(TM) 1100 kVA/1100 kW
- EnergyPoints | EnergyPoints Analytics
- Power Assure | EM/4
- Schneider Electric | Resource Advisor
- Siemens Building Technologies – Demand Flow
- UL DQS | Self Assessment ISO 50001 Energy Management System
- C3 | Corporate Employee Green Spending Account
- Dakota Software | The ProActivity Suite
- Eastman Kodak | Kodak Sonora Process Free Plates
- Green Ballast | Legacy Daylight Harvesting Fluorescent Light Ballast
- Invensys Controls | Eliwell EWPlus EO
- Invensys Operations Management | Wonderware Corporate Energy Management Application
- Noesis Energy | Noesis Energy Management Performance Tracking
- Verisae | Enterprise Refrigerant Management