National Recognition for Quality Products with Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
The Environmental Leader Technology Reviews is a program that recognizes excellence and innovation in products and services that provide companies with environmental and energy benefits.
The program was developed to honor some of the top products and solutions available to the industry, as determined by a panel of renowned experts from companies including PepsiCo, Yahoo, and Legrand. Products are awarded one to five Stars based on evaluation criteria set out below.
In its first year, Environmental Leader Technology Reviews will set the standard for excellence in the field of energy, environmental and sustainability management.
Benefits of Participation
Products with high Star scores receive:
• National recognition and validation from industry experts of how a product’s strengths measure up against peers and competitors.
• Promotion in the Environmental Leader Technology Reviews Report, in the EL newsletter, in a “Hall of Fame” on the EL website, and in EL press materials.
• Use of the Environmental Leader Technology Reviews badge, featuring a product’s Star score, which can be displayed on product packaging, websites, trade show displays and posters, and in other marketing materials.
View submission form here.
Criteria used in the Environmental Leader Technology Reviews rankings include:
- Eligibility—Is the product related to the sustainability, energy, and environmental fields?
- Contribution to energy, environmental and sustainability management efforts—How does the product or service help companies reach these goals?
- Technology—Is the application of technology unique and useful?
- Innovation—Is the product’s approach innovative and useful?
- Contribution to the bottom line—Does the product reduce overall costs, improve productivity, minimize waste, improve energy management, or provide other financial benefits?Ease of use—Is the product easy to understand and implement?
- Efficiency and reliability—Does the product work when it is supposed to work, and continue working efficiently for a reasonable lifespan?
A panel of 12 experts in the energy, environmental and sustainability fields, from top end-user companies including Yahoo, Staples and Pepsico, will judge the submissions. Each submission will be judged by at least three judges.
Judges use entry forms and supporting material such as spec sheets, charts or diagrams from companies as a basis to score products on a scale from 1-5 Stars, as well as to provide their opinions about the products.
Judges will provide a score and short written comments about each product or solution. Companies will receive a summary of the comments, but will not know which judge rated their products.
Environmental Leader has no hand in the judging process.
Experts on the judging panel come from:
- The Green Grid
- LNS Research
- New Belgium Brewing Company
- University of California, Berkeley
- 0-1 Stars: Useful product, yet commodity
- 2-3 Stars: Solid product with viable attributes that set it apart
- 4 Stars: Excellent product with technical features and performance that provide clear and substantial benefits
- 5 Stars: Superb product that sets new standards for performance and provides groundbreaking and new technical milestones
To submit a product or service to the Environmental Leader Technology Reviews, fill out the entry form found here, fill out the submission payment form, attach up to five pages of additional materials, including a spec sheet (you may add additional pages of charts and diagrams), and submit it via the online form.
Submit your entries by December 14, 2012.
Early Bird entries must be submitted by November 21.
If you have questions regarding the Environmental Leader Technology Reviews, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.