BuildingGreen, publisher of the GreenSpec Directory and Environmental Building News, has published its 2006 Top-10 Green Building Products.
Three of the winning products save energy, two save water, three are made from recycled waste, one is a system of salvaging material. Rounding out the list are a way of turning concrete into a flooring option and a renewable energy credit company.
The selections were drawn primarily from the company’s GreenSpec product directory.
BuildingGreen’s 2006 Top-10 Green Building Products:
- Polished concrete system from RetroPlate
- Underwater standing timber salvage by Triton Logging
- PaperStone Certified composite surface material from KlipTech Composites, Inc.
- Varia and “100 Percent” recycled-content panel products from 3form, Inc.
- Recycled-content interior molding from Timbron International
- SageGlass tintable glazing from Sage Electrochromics
- Water-efficient showerhead with H2Okinetic technology from Delta
- WeatherTRAK smart irrigation controls from HydroPoint Data Systems, Inc.
- Coolerado Cooler advanced, indirect evaporative air conditioner from Coolerado, LLC
- Renewable Energy Credits from Community Energy, Inc.