NY Times Gets Plug-In Hybrid
The New York Times will receive the first medium-duty plug-in hybrid vehicle on the East Coast as part of a commercial fleet performance demonstration and technology evaluation process.
The van, a Dodge Sprinter plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, will be housed at th papers printing plant in Queens and will be used to transport newspapers to The Times’s headquarters in Manhattan, as well as to different locations in the area.
The hybrid was made available by a partnership between DaimlerChrysler, the New York Power Authority, Electric Power Research Institute and Con Edison.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Royal Philips: All Cities and Utilities Worldwide Should Switch to LEDs
- Daikin Applied Replaces HVAC System at Bethel University
- The Water Research Group Issues RFP for Energy Savings
- Ingersoll-Rand Wins Two Awards
- Energy-Efficiency Upgrades Will Save National Lab $1.3M Each Year
- Super Efficient Building in Amsterdam: The Edge
- New LEDs From Cree
- Ringdale Intros Monitoring and Data Logger