The Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has formed a green energy team, made up of underwriters and loss control specialists. The team will develop core commercial insurance products and services geared toward customers that operate within this sector.
Chubb plans to broaden its services for clients in these areas:
- Power generation (including wind, solar and geothermal);
- Renewable and clean fuels (ethanol, biodiesel and fuel cells);
- Alternative energy devices (solar panels, wind turbines and other devices);
- Energy-efficient products (compact fluorescent lighting, HVAC systems, office equipment and other products); and
- Renewable energy users, including businesses with energy-efficient and environmentally friendly properties.