Brewer Adds Wind Turbine
The Outer Banks Brewing Station in North Carolina’s Outer Banks region is installing a wind turbine, The Virginian Pilot reports (via Alternative Energy).
The restaurant has been trying for over five years to get permission for a turbine. It received approval from the town’s planning board in 2002, only to have the Board of Commissioners reject the request. The restaurant owners lobbied anew this year, pointing to a 70-foot-tall windmill at the nearby Coquina Beach bathhouse on National Park Service land and wind turbine ordinances in neighboring counties as evidence of the energy solution’s viability.
The new turbine is scheduled to be in place by spring 2008.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Legislation Moves in Congress
- Arizona City Selects EnergyCAP for Utility Tracking
- Honeywell, Nest Lead Smart Thermostat Market
- Henderson State University Enters Phase 2 of ESPC
- Willamette Valley Utility Customers Save $6.8M on Energy Bills in 2014
- Hubbell Intros Lighting Controller
- 800W DC-DC Converter Boosts Power Density
- How to Think about Energy Efficiency