Brewer Adds Wind Turbine
The Outer Banks Brewing Station in North Carolina’s Outer Banks region is installing a wind turbine, The Virginian Pilot reports (via Alternative Energy).
The restaurant has been trying for over five years to get permission for a turbine. It received approval from the town’s planning board in 2002, only to have the Board of Commissioners reject the request. The restaurant owners lobbied anew this year, pointing to a 70-foot-tall windmill at the nearby Coquina Beach bathhouse on National Park Service land and wind turbine ordinances in neighboring counties as evidence of the energy solution’s viability.
The new turbine is scheduled to be in place by spring 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store