HP Pledges To Cut PC Power Consumption 25%
At CES this week, HP announced its commitment to cut energy consumption across its entire lineup of volume desktop and notebook PCs 25 percent by 2010, PC Magazine reports.
The PC outfitter has introduced at least 24 EPEAT approved Gold or Silver level products in North America alone.
EPEAT has doled out its Gold rating for HP business machines that include Compaq 2510p, HP Compaq 2710p Business Notebook series PCs, as well as all models of the HP Compaq dc7800, dc5750 and dc5700 Business Desktop PC families.
The HP rp5700 Business Desktop PC was the first product to meet the requirements that comprise the gold status.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned