Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships has announced the latest group of Northeast Business Leaders for Energy Efficiency:
- P&G-Gillette in Boston, Massachusetts cut energy use 9.1 percent with an annual cost savings of $1,444,792.
- Stew Leonard’s in Norwalk, Connecticut reduced energy use 22 percent across their three Connecticut stores (Danbury, Norwalk and Newington), with an annual estimated cost savings of approximately $663,000.
- Stonyfield Farm in Londonderry, New Hampshire cut electricity use 12 percent with an annual cost savings of $80,000.
- Hasbro in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts reduced energy use 15 percent with an annual cost savings of $560,000.
- Fidelity Bank in Leominster, Massachusetts reduced energy use 31 percent saving $27,402.
- Price Chopper/Golub Corporation from Schenectady, New York cut energy use 10.4 percent with annual cost savings of $266,523.
- NBTY in Bohemia, New York reduced annual energy use by 825,000 kWh with annual cost savings of 309,532.
- The University of Bridgeport in Bridgeport, Connecticut demonstrated a 30 percent reduction in energy use and annual cost savings of $407,544.
- Renys Department Stores in Newcastle, Maine cut energy use by 30 percent saving $29,052 annually.
- Husky Injection Molding Systems in Milton, Vermont reduced electric energy use by 15 percent saving $190,400 per year.
The companies will be recognized at a dinner celebration at the 2008 Northeast Energy Efficiency Summit on May 22.