Nearly two thirds (64%) of business technology decision makers think that being perceived as “green” is good for business and their image, according to Green TECHpulse ’08, recently released by Hansa|GCR. In addition, most companies (88%) that have purchased green in the past 18 months say they have experienced cost saving benefits in terms of reduced energy usage
Other findings on business technology decision makers:
- Slightly over half of the companies (54%) surveyed are already buying greener IT products or services.
- 52% believe that their supply chain’s environmental impact is part of their own impact.
- Nearly half (49%) said their organization has made minimizing environmental impact a formal priority and have set specific performance goals.
- The No. 1 and No. 2 investment priorities for improving the environmental profile of IT operations are greener printers/multifunction devices/office equipment and data centers/server rooms.
- Female decision makers are more environmentally-conscious than males.