The EPA is now encouraging employees to be more eco-friendly at work, with Energy Star @ Work. The new online tool provides tips and information on how to save energy and protect the environment.
Some of the tips included in the Energy Star @ Work tool include:
– Replacing the bulbs in desk lamps with Energy Star qualified CFL bulbs, which use about 75 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs and last up to 10 times longer.
– Using a power strip as a central “turn off” point.
– Remembering to turn off lights when leaving conference rooms and the work space.
– Using Energy Star qualified battery chargers or power adapters which, on average, use 30 to 35 percent less energy than conventional models.
– Creating a Green Team with co-workers to help reduce office waste, and setting a goal to earn the Energy Star label for the office.