Hyundai Unveils Carbon Offset Program For Genesis Sedans
Hyundai Motor America and Carbonfund.org unveiled the Genesis Forest Project at the 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show and announced that the venture will offset the entire first year of emissions for all 2009 Hyundai Genesis sedans sold in the U.S.
Hyundai expects that the Genesis Forest Project will offset about 93,000 metric tons of CO2 through the conservation and reforestation of 3,000 acres of tropical forest in Brazil. Carbon offsets will be retroactively applied to all 2009 Genesis sedan sales, which began in June, and continue through the end of the year.
Hyundai ranked fifth in the list of most improved automakers from Jan. to Sept. 2008 released by Clean Green Cars.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Star Certifications in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania
- UC-Irvine is the Most Energy-Efficient University
- Inspect Cooling Towers for Disease — And Save Money
- LED Street Lighting: An Untapped Opportunity in Driving Energy Efficiency
- Energy Education Center Opens at Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Feds to Lease Land for NJ Offshore Wind
- Air Innovations Introduces Specialty HVAC System
- Sleeman Centre in Guelph Transitions to LEDs