Hyundai Unveils Carbon Offset Program For Genesis Sedans
Hyundai Motor America and Carbonfund.org unveiled the Genesis Forest Project at the 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show and announced that the venture will offset the entire first year of emissions for all 2009 Hyundai Genesis sedans sold in the U.S.
Hyundai expects that the Genesis Forest Project will offset about 93,000 metric tons of CO2 through the conservation and reforestation of 3,000 acres of tropical forest in Brazil. Carbon offsets will be retroactively applied to all 2009 Genesis sedan sales, which began in June, and continue through the end of the year.
Hyundai ranked fifth in the list of most improved automakers from Jan. to Sept. 2008 released by Clean Green Cars.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners