Green IT Will Weather Recession
The slowing economy will not derail efforts to make IT operations more efficient and less environmentally harmful, according to “Market Overview: A Slowing Economy Won’t Slow Down Corporate Green IT Initiatives,” new research Forrester, ZDNet, CNET and earth2tech report.Thirty-eight percent of survey respondents said they would maintain the pace of their green IT initiatives and 10 percent said they would accelerate their green IT plans. While 47 percent aren’t sure what will happen yet, only five percent said for sure that green IT initiatives would slow down.
According to Forrester, of responding companies that are changing the pace of their green IT activities in response to the economic outlook, those going faster outnumber those slowing down by 2 to 1. So the central value of green IT programs — greener IT also means saving money — is taking hold among corporate IT practitioners.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024