Green IT Will Weather Recession
The slowing economy will not derail efforts to make IT operations more efficient and less environmentally harmful, according to “Market Overview: A Slowing Economy Won’t Slow Down Corporate Green IT Initiatives,” new research Forrester, ZDNet, CNET and earth2tech report.Thirty-eight percent of survey respondents said they would maintain the pace of their green IT initiatives and 10 percent said they would accelerate their green IT plans. While 47 percent aren’t sure what will happen yet, only five percent said for sure that green IT initiatives would slow down.
According to Forrester, of responding companies that are changing the pace of their green IT activities in response to the economic outlook, those going faster outnumber those slowing down by 2 to 1. So the central value of green IT programs — greener IT also means saving money — is taking hold among corporate IT practitioners.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 100K Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment