Green IT Will Weather Recession
The slowing economy will not derail efforts to make IT operations more efficient and less environmentally harmful, according to “Market Overview: A Slowing Economy Won’t Slow Down Corporate Green IT Initiatives,” new research Forrester, ZDNet, CNET and earth2tech report.Thirty-eight percent of survey respondents said they would maintain the pace of their green IT initiatives and 10 percent said they would accelerate their green IT plans. While 47 percent aren’t sure what will happen yet, only five percent said for sure that green IT initiatives would slow down.
According to Forrester, of responding companies that are changing the pace of their green IT activities in response to the economic outlook, those going faster outnumber those slowing down by 2 to 1. So the central value of green IT programs — greener IT also means saving money — is taking hold among corporate IT practitioners.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- BrandSmart Uses PACE Financing to Upgrade
- GE’s Current Offers Energy-as-a-Service
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending October 2
- Panasonic Develops Highly Efficient Photovoltaic Module
- Energy Source Provides LEDs to WNA
- LDS Church Lauded by Rocky Mountain Power
- Energy Stats for Boston Buildings Online
- Bowling Green University Tabs Cree for Field House LEDs