Green IT Will Weather Recession
The slowing economy will not derail efforts to make IT operations more efficient and less environmentally harmful, according to “Market Overview: A Slowing Economy Won’t Slow Down Corporate Green IT Initiatives,” new research Forrester, ZDNet, CNET and earth2tech report.Thirty-eight percent of survey respondents said they would maintain the pace of their green IT initiatives and 10 percent said they would accelerate their green IT plans. While 47 percent aren’t sure what will happen yet, only five percent said for sure that green IT initiatives would slow down.
According to Forrester, of responding companies that are changing the pace of their green IT activities in response to the economic outlook, those going faster outnumber those slowing down by 2 to 1. So the central value of green IT programs — greener IT also means saving money — is taking hold among corporate IT practitioners.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Less Time Delay with LEDs Promises More Savings
- 5 Steps for Guaranteeing the Best Lighting Upgrade in Industrial Facilities
- Energy Awards Offers 7 Entry Tips from Judges
- Wind Powers 35% of Washington DC Government
- Walmart, Others Seek to Back Out of Florida Energy-Efficiency Program
- Energy Intelligence on a Smart Watch’s Small Screen
- Optimizing Set Points, Equipment Controls Saves 6% in Energy
- McKinstry Wins $5.8M ESPC with Texas County