Vestas V112 Turbine Targets Low/Med Wind Speed Sites
Vestas discusses the launch of its new V112-3.0 turbine, aimed at the low and medium wind speed sector, which the company says comprises 75 percent of the global market. The offshore version can be used at high wind sites.
The wind turbine manufacturer says the new turbine was designed from the beginning with new technologies, and how it was going to be transported and installed as well as maintained for at least 20 years.
The turbine can withstand virtually any climatic conditions from tropic heat and humidity to arctic cold, making it suitable for any onshore site with low or medium wind and offshore sites with high winds. The first V112-3.0 MW will be delivered to customers in Q3 2011.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland