Global product manufacturers are increasingly faced with ever-expanding legal requirements governing product design and access to key markets world-wide. Newly enacted or expanded laws governing product design, the use of conflict minerals, chemical restrictions, and end-of-life management of products are placing unprecedented product stewardship and supply chain obligations on companies across a variety of industries. The risks of non-compliance can range from hefty fines, to imprisonment and being completely banned from key markets, resulting in lost sales, financial penalties, and legal fees.
Environmental Leader is hosting a free, incisive webinar presentation on March 30, 2011 at 08:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time that will look at how to stay on top of conflict Minerals, REACH, product take back, and other emerging global issues.
Join regulatory expert representatives of the industry-recognized EIATRACK service on this one-hour briefing where speakers will share best practices in product stewardship as well as provide an update on key legal developments expected in 2011 regarding:
- The impact of the EU RoHS recast and similar material restriction measures;
- New SEC reporting requirements under U.S. Conflict Minerals legislation;
- Changes to U.S. and international rules governing the transpiration of lithium batteries and products containing them;
- REACH and U.S. chemical initiatives impacting the electronics sector; and
- New product take-back and recycling laws in emerging markets.
This free webcast offers both essential education and practical advice for companies looking to comply with international requirements and standards and stay ahead of the requirements that impact your products.
Beveridge & Diamond, P.C.
Content Solution Strategist