C3 Version 3 is an integrated suite of applications that manage enterprise-wide energy and sustainability. The software is built on a scalable web architecture that can be deployed in the cloud or as an on-premise appliance.
Version 3 is now being beta tested by existing C3 customers, and will be available to new customers starting next month.
New features include:
- Integration with the Energy Star database, to better benchmark facility performance with industry standards
- Carbon disclosure and emissions inventory reporting
- Forecasting and tracking of the financial impact of energy conservation measures
- C3 Incentives Library – a curated, up-to-date resource listing over 40,000 federal, state, local, and utility incentives
C3 says application ease of use has been streamlined, with enhancements including configurable dashboards, to ensure that the most appropriate reports and analytics are readily available; defined roles and responsibilities for users, so that only information pertinent to the user’s role is displayed; and task management, to ensure that activities are duly tracked and completed.
C3 Version 3 also features pre-built reports and tools for energy and emissions management, for quicker analysis and reporting. Using C3 Performance Analyzer, businesses can set programmatic goals with specific targets and monitor their progress towards goals.
The software consists of five applications:
- C3 Energy: Monitors, analyzes, visualizes, and benchmarks energy consumption across operations
- C3 Sustainability: Collects, analyzes, forecasts, and reports GHG emissions
- C3 Mitigation: Creates an optimized portfolio of energy and emissions reduction projects
- C3 Incentives: Searches a regularly updated library of information to identify and capture financial incentives
- C3 Foundation: Performs core energy and emissions management functions, such as modeling energy and emissions characteristics, importing and managing data, and defining key performance indicators.
Version 3 has been previewed to the industry analyst community and C3 customers. AltaTerra research president Don Bray says the offering takes into account the broader energy management value chain. Casey Talon of IDC Energy Insights said Version 3 will help decision-makers prioritize investments to meet the needs of their energy management strategies.
This month Masdar, Abu Dhabi’s renewable energy company, announced that it is using C3 software to monitor energy production and consumption, water, transportation efficiency, waste production and recycling in the Masdar City development.