Toyota Powers Up 1.1 MW Hydrogen Fuel Cell Generator
Toyota Motor Sales, USA has activated a new 1.1 MW hydrogen fuel cell generator on its Torrance headquarters campus. The fuel cell will supply approximately half of the electricity for six headquarters buildings during peak demand, while producing zero emissions.
Designed and built by Ballard Power Systems, the proprietary Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) stationary fuel cell is the largest PEM fuel cell of its kind. The fuel cell is powered by hydrogen gas fed directly from a pre-existing industrial hydrogen pipeline, also a first for this technology.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20