The Athena Sustainable Materials Institute has released an update to its life cycle assessment (LCA) software package for North American building designers.
Enhancements and updates in the latest version include:
- New and updated cradle-to-grave North American steel product data;
- New GAF TPO roofing membrane data;
- Supports new user defined concrete mix designs and blended cements;
- Includes latest CORRIM US regional wood product data;
- New Canadian wood products data (LVL, I-joists and CLT);
- Updated end-of-life landfill process data;
- New bio-products carbon accounting scenarios including end-of-life effects;
- Updated metal building systems LCI data and assembly quantity take-offs;
- Full compatibility with the EPA’s TRACI v2.1 characterization method; and
- New software auto update capability.