CH2M Hill held onto the no. 1 spot and URS and Veolia North America retained the second and third spots, respectively, in the 2014 Top 200 Environmental Firms list produced by Engineering News Record.
This is the ninth year that CH2M Hill has come in at the top of the ENR rankings.
No new companies cracked the top 10 since last year’s list. However, the 2014 list showed an overall revenue increase of almost 4 percent, to $53.7 billion, based on 2013 results.
The biggest mover in the top 10 companies was Clean Harbors, jumping from the no. 10 position in 2013 to no. 6 this year, pushing EnergySolutions, AECOM Technology, MWH Global, and Golder Associates down one slot each from their 2013 position.
The top 10 environmental firms, locations and 2013 revenues are as follows:
- CH2M Hill, Englewood, Colo., $4,054.5 million
- URS, New York, N.Y., $3,222.0 million
- Veolia North America, Chicago, Ill., $2,620.0 million
- Bechtel, San Francisco, Calif., $2,506.9 million
- Tetra Tech, Pasadena, Calif., $2,342.0 million
- Clean Harbors, Norwell, Mass., $2,123.7 million
- EnergySolutions, Salt Lake City, Utah, $1,804.0 million
- AECOM Technology, New York, N.Y., $1,484.3 million
- MWH Global, Broomfield, Colo., $1,308.4 million
- Golder Associates, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, $1,229.2 million
In June, CH2M Hill, Qualcomm and the city of Cincinnati announced a collaboration on sustainability projects that use machine-to-machine cellular technologies to help water utilities improve water quality, receive reliable information and manage water resources in the city.