Sustainable Waste Solutions has earned landfill-free verification from NSF Sustainability, a division of the global public health organization NSF International.
Landfill-free verification demonstrates that more than 99 percent of waste generated by SWS never reaches a landfill but is rather reused, recycled or processed as waste to energy.
SWS provides a broad range of reuse, recycling and waste management services to its customers. Industries serviced include food manufacturing, pharmaceutical, high tech, automotive, defense and packaging.
NSF International’s independent landfill-free verification requires:
- Retaining documentation and tracking all waste streams.
- Maintaining containers to manage waste.
- Establishing a program for electronic waste management.
- Employee and contracting training.
- Audits of the facility to ensure these procedures are in place.
Two years ago NSF Sustainability partnered with SWS to provide landfill-free verification to other companies.