Sustainable Minds, a B2B cloud provider of environmental product transparency applications, services and data, has introduced the 2015 SM Transparency Report Framework and Program to help manufacturers create and deliver product transparency reports.
The goals of the SM Transparency Report Program is to reduce creation time and cost while increasing the usefulness of the reports.
The company says communicating product performance with SM Transparency Reports goes beyond other types of environmental product declarations (EPDs). They bring together functional performance with scientific environmental performance data made understandable, and provide manufacturers the opportunity to describe what they’re doing to improve performance.
Delivered in the cloud in a three-page, manufacturer-branded format, Transparency Reports are easy to find and the data can be updated and reused, the company says. The result is a next-gen marketing tool, compliant with existing global standards and green rating system requirements.
The 2015 SM Transparency Report Framework & Program introduces three key advancements:
- The ability to create an SM Transparency Report using any PCR in any industry. Manufacturers will now have a choice about how to deliver on product transparency. The 2015 Transparency Report Framework & Program streamlines the process of creating new PCRs and for improving and harmonizing existing ones.
- The Brand Showroom provides a single place for a manufacturer to present and deliver branded and integrated product transparency information. Each Brand Showroom is part of the SM Manufacturers’ Showroom, a public destination for brands across the value chain to get visibility for credibly greener products and to connect buyers and sellers.
- Sustainable Minds’ new additions are extensions of its flagship Transparency Report. This includes:
- EPD Overview: For manufacturers to better utilize existing environmental product declarations in marketing.
- Material Health Overview: Standalone or add to a Transparency Report or EPD Overview for a comprehensive view of what’s in a product and why; material ingredient analysis method agnostic.