UL’s new sustainability advisory services includes assisting clients with:
- Providing assurance for corporate-branded sustainability programs (e.g. waste diversion programs, environmental footprint).
- Promoting the integration of sustainable thinking into new product development processes through staff training (e.g., design for sustainability).
- Exploring innovative sustainability goals, which align with the companies’ overall business strategy and establishing sustainability strategies that achieve companies’ corporate and environmental goals.
- Creating sustainable sourcing strategies.
- Linking product or portfolio sustainable value propositions to customer needs, and enabling product differentiation and selection.
- Encouraging best practices for sustainability marketing claims and messaging strategies, which can communicate sustainability information in a credible and compelling way to the marketplace.
Earlier this year UL Environment signed a memorandum of understanding with the Building Research Establishment to jointly recognize each other’s environmental product declarations.