General Electric unveiled Predix.io, a dedicated cloud environment for app developers aimed at tapping into the $225 billion industrial Internet of Things market. According to the company, Predix.io will create the world’s largest app marketplace for industry.
GE is converging all software offerings on Predix and commercializing Predix-based operations to drive enterprise optimization and asset performance management (APM).
GE announced a number of offerings powered by Predix:
- APM uses data and analytics to improve the reliability and availability of GE and non-GE assets, minimize total cost of ownership and reduce operational risks.
- SmartSignal predictive analytics software identifies impending equipment problems so companies across multiple industries can avoid unexpected shutdowns and improve reliability, availability and productivity.
- Digital Power Plant is a suite of highly secure hardware and software solutions to digitize the physical electricity system, leading to unprecedented changes in the way electricity is generated, distributed and consumed.
- Brilliant Factory, GE’s digital manufacturing solution, is now available to companies looking to optimize manufacturing operations and reduce unplanned downtime. GE has experienced a 10–20 percent reduction in unplanned downtime with Brilliant Factory.
- DenialsIQ is a predictive analytics solution created by GE Healthcare to help administrators identify and act on trends that lead to medical claim denials.
GE Predix, its developer portal and a select number of apps will be available in late 2015.