Teklynx International, a barcode and RFID labeling software developer and services provider, has partnered with Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) regulatory consultant, Tetra Tech, to create a GHS compliance solution for data selection and management, consulting, and GHS label design and management for hazardous chemicals.
In addition to offering a GHS-compliant barcode label design and data collection and management solution, Teklynx and Tetra Tech are advancing the manufacturing industry’s education of hazardous chemical management implications — based on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Dec. 1 GHS requirements deadline — by providing recommendations regarding:
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) selection and management
- Anatomy of a GHS-compliant label and database integration to access SDS
- Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) pictograms and hazards
- Regulatory compliance management
- Services and support for ongoing maintenance and upkeep
Earlier this year BeanTown Chemical achieved GHS compliance well ahead of the OSHA deadline by using barcode label software developed by Teklynx, in partnership with value-added reseller ValuTrack.