CR Magazine announced the top performers in the following sectors: business services, consumer items, consumer staples, energy, financial, healthcare, information technology, materials, media and entertainment, and utilities.
By industry, the best corporate citizens are:
- Business Services — Ecolab
- Consumer Items — Hasbro
- Consumer Staples — Campbell Soup Co.
- Energy — Hess
- Financials/Insurance/Real Estate — Jones Lang LaSalle
- Healthcare — Johnson & Johnson
- Information Technology — Microsoft
- Materials — Sigma-Aldrich
- Media & Entertainment — Walt Disney Co.
- Utilities — Entergy
CR Magazine applies the methodology from its 100 Best Corporate Citizens List in ranking the Top 10.
Microsoft, selected in part for its environmental and climate change performance, is the best corporate citizen in the US, according to CR Magazine’s annual 100 Best Corporate Citizens List, published in April.
The tech giant pushed Bristol-Myers Squibb from its No. 1 ranking last year down to sixth place in the 2015 list.