The study findings are based on a 185-point questionnaire, live product demonstrations and buying preference data from interviews with 312 EHS managers in 18 countries around the world.
The report, Green Quadrant: EH&S Software 2016, finds:
- Intelex has the broadest and deepest product functionality and features, Enablon is a close second, IHS and SAP are third and fourth.
- Enablon has the most market momentum, with SAP, Intelex and Medgate also demonstrating impressive success in the market.
- Enablon achieves the highest score for the key purchase driver of user interface design, followed by cr360, Intelex and Rivo.
- EtQ and Intelex achieve the top scores for application configurability followed by Rivo and thinkstep.
- IHS, SAP and VelocityEHS are awarded the joint top score for chemicals management functionality.
- Medgate has the strongest functionality for ergonomics, industrial hygiene and occupational health.
- Enablon, IHS and MetricStream demonstrate the best functionality for risk management closely followed by CMO and DNV GL Synergi Life.
Verdantix says the report is the only independent benchmark of EHS software available on the market.
A Verdantix report published late last year found EHS executives plan to increase EHS spending this year. The global survey of 312 EHS executives found that 10 percent of firms will increase spending in 2016 by double digits and 21 percent will spend between 5 percent and 9 percent more next year. Three quarters of respondents expect budgets to increase in 2016, which is an increase from 62 percent who increased spend in 2015.
Photo Credit: EHS via Shutterstock