Early Bird Deadline: October 17, 2014
Final Deadline: November 14, 2014
The third annual Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards recognize excellence and innovation in products and services that provide companies with environmental and energy benefits, and in the top projects implemented by companies (or client companies) that improved environmental or energy management and increased the bottom line. Submissions identified by our judges as exemplary examples of innovation will be named Top Products or Projects of the Year. Our judging panel consists of renowned experts from companies including LNS Research, Anheuser-Busch InBev, GlaxoSmithKline, ConAgra Foods, Owens-Corning, and others, as well as some well-known industry consultants.
Benefits of Participation
Companies landing Top Product or Project of the Year status receive:
- National recognition and validation from industry experts on a product or project’s strengths, with feedback from the judges.
- Promotion in the Environmental Leader Product & Project of the Year Report, in the EL newsletter, in a “Hall of Fame” on the EL website, and in EL press materials.
- Use of the Environmental Leader Top Product/Project of the Year badge, which can be displayed on product packaging, websites, trade show displays and posters, and in other marketing materials.
“Winning Environmental Leader’s Top Product of the Year 2014 Award gave Indow national recognition as a leader in window insulation. The award reassures customers that our innovative solution deserves serious consideration as an alternative to window replacement.” –Sam Pardue, CEO & Founder, Indow
Criteria used in the Environmental Leader Product & Project of the Year Awards include:
- Eligibility—Is the product or project related to the sustainability, energy, and environmental fields?
- Contribution to energy, environmental and sustainability management efforts—How does the product help companies reach these goals? Or: How did the project help your company reach its own goals?
- Technology—Is the application of technology unique and useful (if applicable)?
- Innovation—Is the product or project’s approach innovative and useful?
- Contribution to the bottom line—Does the product reduce overall costs, improve productivity, minimize waste, improve energy management, or provide other financial benefits? Or: Did the project improve these same metrics?
- Ease of use—Is the product easy to understand and implement?
- Efficiency and reliability—Does the product work when it is supposed to work, and continue working efficiently for a reasonable lifespan?
“We received an Environmental Leader Product and Project Award for our efforts to drive a global movement for zero waste. This recognition reinforced our landfill-free progress around the world and communicated our desire to share best practices with other organizations seeking to reduce waste throughout their operations. It has helped open doors to collaborate and provided us additional credibility.” – John Bradburn, Global Waste Reduction Manager, General Motors
A panel of experts in the energy and environmental management fields, from LNS Research and from top end-user companies including Anheuser-Busch InBev, ConAgra, Microsoft, and Puma, will judge the submissions. Each submission will be judged by at least three judges. Judges use entry forms and supporting material (spec sheets, charts, case studies, etc.) as a basis to score products on a scale from 1-5, as well as to provide their opinions about the products. Products that receive a score of 3 or higher will be designated a Top Product/Project of the Year. Judges provide a score and short written comments about each product or project. Companies will receive a summary of the comments, but will not know which judge rated their products. Environmental Leader has no hand in judging the entries; a coordinator from LNS Research will oversee the judging process to assign products/projects to the appropriate judges and to tally scores.
Experts on the judging panel come from:
- LNS Research
- AECOM Technology Corp.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev
- ConAgra Foods, Inc.
- Environmental & Occupational Risk Management, Inc.
- ISS Facility Services
- Owens Corning
- Reputation Limited
- Salazar Packaging
- Trupoint Advisors
- University of California, Berkeley
- ConEd Solutions
- Williams Creek Consulting
- YES Bank
“Environmental Leader’s Product Awards help us to gain additional recognition for our software solution. Its reputable judges, detailed evaluation process and stiff competition give great authority to the awards, making the Top Product of the Year Award a recognition that truly interests our target audience.” –Enablon
Judges will score on a scale of one to five, based on the following criteria:
- 0-1: Useful product, yet commodity; Or: useful project but not particularly innovative or new
- 2-3: Solid product or project with viable attributes that set it apart
- 4: Excellent product or project that provide clear and substantial benefits
- 5: Superb product that sets new standards for performance and provides groundbreaking and new technical milestones; Or: a superb and groundbreaking project that set milestones in terms of environmental and energy management
The Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards program offers additional opportunities to gain visibility for your product, project or company.*
Option 1: Award Application and Directory Listing: $1,000
This option covers your product or project entry fee while enhancing your participation with a directory listing of 150 words. The directory will be included in the Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards special report.
Option 2: Award Application, Directory Listing, and Single Page Ad: $1,750
In addition to submitting your product/project and getting your 150-word listing in the report’s directory, gain greater exposure with a full-page ad in the report.
Option 3: Award Application, Directory Listing, Single Page Ad, Article: $2,750
In addition to the above enhancements, we will include an article about your company or product. The article will be published in the special report.
Opportunities for full report sponsorship are also available. For details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Judges are not made aware of sponsoring companies before or during the judging process.
To submit a product/service or project to the Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards, fill out the entry form found here, fill out the 2015 EL Awards Payment Form, attach up to five pages of additional materials, including a spec sheet (you may add additional pages of charts and diagrams), and submit by November 14, 2014. Early Bird entries must be submitted by October 17. If you have questions regarding the Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards, please email email@example.com.