If you've no account register here first time
User Name :
User Email :
Password :

Login Now

Climate Week 2016: Apple, Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal, GRI, RE100

Climate Week 2016 opened yesterday with business and government leaders convening in New York City for dozens of events that focus on the transition to a low-carbon economy. This year’s Climate Week includes a sharp focus on countries ratifying the Paris climate agreement — and what this means for global … Read more »

Mobile App Streamlines Waste, Recycling Set-Out Data

Mobile App Streamlines Waste, Recycling Set-Out Data

RRS has developed a mobile app that streamlines data collection for waste and recycling operations’ set-out rate studies. The company developed the app while working on a project with Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, which needed to gather data on how many houses on a given trash and recycling route set … Read more »

SDS Finder App Improves Chemical Management

ERA Environmental Management Solutions has launched an app for environmental, health and safety professionals who need to quickly access their safety data sheet database to respond to emergencies, on-site incidents, and other chemical management scenarios. The SDS Finder App is available for android and iOS smartphones and tablets, and is … Read more »

Biodetection app

Biodetection Product Guide App Available

A free app from the Department of Energy’s Pacific Northwest National Laboratory can help hazmat professionals choose the right biodetection technology. The product guide, a mobile version of PNNL’s online biodetection technology assessment, provides web links, equipment specifications and pricing on 31 detection technologies and 25 sampling products from about … Read more »

Water Management: There’s an App for That

Water Management: There’s an App for That

Badger Meter has released an update for its EyeOnWater mobile app, which helps water utilities’ customers manage their water use. The app, available for customers of water utilities that have implemented the BEACON Advanced Metering Analytics (AMA) system, provides direct access to water consumption data. Water management features include graphics … Read more »

Ontario Tire Stewardship Saves $500K With Mobile Tracking App

The Ontario Tire Stewardship has launched a mobile tracking application that is expected to save the company over $500,000 in its sustainability efforts. The TreadMarks mobile application was officially launched in August and currently captures 98 percent of all transactions, with the remaining 2 percent transitioning in Q1 of 2015. … Read more »

E-Stewards Launches E-Waste App

The environmental watchdog group Basel Action Network has launched a mobile app that will measure the positive environmental impacts of using e-Stewards Certified Recyclers to manage electronic waste. E-Stewards Certification is the only standard that forbids export of toxic e-waste to developing countries, the use of prison and child labor, … Read more »

Study: APP Has Sufficient Plantations for Zero Deforestation

Asia Pulp and Paper Group has sufficient plantation resources to meet the pulp requirements of its existing mills and its future mill in OKI, South Sumatra, according to an independent study by The Forest Trust and Ata Maria. The announcement comes as APP releases an 18 month update on the … Read more »

APP logo

Rainforest Alliance, Peatland Experts to Evaluate APP Progress

The Rainforest Alliance will evaluate the progress of Asia Pulp and Paper’s forest conservation policy and commitments, including its pledge last year to stop clearing natural forests across it supply chains in Indonesia, the company announced in its one-year report. A team of peatland experts led by Wageningen University and … Read more »

APRIL logo

April’s Sustainable Forest Management Policy Met With Criticism, Caution

Asia Pacific Resources International has revealed plans for a sustainable forest management policy less than two weeks after the Indonesian pulp and paper giant was threatened with expulsion from the World Business Council for Sustainable Development. The sustainable forest management policy reiterates the pulp and paper producer’s previously shared plans to … Read more »

asia pulp and paper

Greenpeace: APP Making Progress on Forest Conservation Pledge

Asia Pulp and Paper Group, one of the largest paper producers in the world, is serious about its pledge to end the clearing of natural forests, according to a progress review of the company’s Forest Conservation Policy. Greenpeace International, a long-time critic of APP and the organization that conducted the … Read more »

Translate »