If you've no account register here first time
User Name :
User Email :
Password :

Login Now

White Rose, Ariz. Schools Install Over 9 MW of Solar

White Rose, an independent wholesale food distributor, has begun operation of a 4.88 MW roof-mounted photovoltaic system at its warehouse in Carteret, N.J. The system is operated by KDC Solar Nugen WR, a joint venture of KDC Solar and Nugen Capital Management, which describe the array as the second-largest roof-mounted … Read more »

Red Lobster, Olive Garden Owner Installs 1.1 MW Solar Array

The owner of Olive Garden, Red Lobster and LongHorn Steakhouse is installing a 1.1 MW roof-mounted solar array at its LEED-gold restaurant support center in Orlando. Darden Restaurants, which also operates the Capital Grille, Bahama Breeze and Seasons 52, says the project will be the largest private solar array in … Read more »

FedEx Office Commits to Canon, HP Equipment for Energy Savings

FedEx Office – formerly known as Kinko’s – has decided to streamline its printing and copying infrastructure in an effort to gain economies of scale, as well as energy efficiency. By going with Canon‘s imageRUNNER ADVANCE and imagePRESS devices, FedEx Office expects to get about 30 percent improved energy efficiency … Read more »

Federal Agency Completes Wind Turbine Guideline

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service sent recommendations to Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar on how to minimize the impact of land-based wind farms on wildlife and habitat. Salazar will review and use the recommendations to help develop federal guidelines for evaluating wind energy development on public and private … Read more »

Biomass CoGen Project to Produce Power for NMU With Little Waste

Northern Michigan University decided to add a $68 million biomass cogeneration plant to help reduce its environmental footprint. The biomass cogeneration plant uses everything from sawdust to treetops that have been trimmed and other waste wood. Pellets also are considered as fuel for the project. The biomass plant also will … Read more »

20% of Utility Supply Chain Measures Emissions

Only about 20 percent of utility industry suppliers are measuring their greenhouse gas emissions and setting voluntary goals to reduce them, according to a new report from the Electric Utility Industry Sustainable Supply Chain Alliance. Of the remaining 80 percent, only 15 percent plan to do so within the next … Read more »

Wal-Mart Says Environmental Initiatives About Money, Not Brand Image

Wal-Mart’s efforts in recent years to adopt renewable energy and supply chain sustainability initiatives is more about the bottom line than it is about image, said Wal-Mart Chairman Lee Scott. Speaking at the Fortune Brainstorm Green business conference in Laguna Niguel, Calif., Scott indicated that if the efforts had been … Read more »

Four Reasons Why CFOs Need a Plan for Energy Efficiency

Increasing energy prices, the hidden cost of carbon, growing risks from energy supply disruption and climate-change compliance issues are four key reasons why finance executives need a multi-year efficiency strategy to maximize costs savings, meet carbon reduction goals and make financial decisions based on total cost of ownership, according to … Read more »

Target Lights Up Savings With LED Retrofit at 500 Stores

Target expects to save nearly 16 million kilowatt hours of electricity a year by upgrading display case lighting to LEDs at about 500 stores. Target has already upgraded displays cases in 150 stores and an additional 350 are projected for 2010, according to a press release. Just last week, Target … Read more »

Biofuel Power Stations Take Heat for Burning Palm Oil for Electricity

Environmentalists are criticizing Chelveston Renewable Energy in the UK for planning to burn tropical palm oil to generate electricity, reports Times Online. The renewable energy company recently received permission to build a bio-oil power station on a former RAF bomber base. Chelveston’s power plant is expected to burn locally produced … Read more »

Heineken Plans 40% Emissions Reduction by 2020

As part of its new 10-year sustainability goals, Heineken has pledged to cut direct and indirect emissions at its breweries 40 percent by 2020. Additionally, Heineken says it is working to reduce emissions throughout its downstream efforts, including issuing replacement refrigerators to customers that have less environmental impact, according to … Read more »

Translate »